Tag Archive: Printing


So after nearly a year of not being used due to magic smoke and melted parts, my Ooznest Prusa I3 is alive again and reproducing.

After a problem with a tensioner braking and a real of ABS refusing to stick, I have now started printing new part for both the printer and my own custom Pi3 printer.

I have a list of parts I need to print for the printer and there is something else I should be printing to repair something in the house but I can’t remember what.

I’m sure it will come to me at some point.

Advertisements

OK call me distracted. While looking for Gunpla parts to 3d print I came across this

Neo Zeon 3D Printed Tripod.

Colour me Impressed, Wish I had the artistic skill for this!

Print accuracy test

So I have been playing with this for a while now and only just got around to the 20mm cube test after several unsuccessful prints due to rafts pealing off the kapton tape or layers delaminating and curving.
I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I increased my print speed from 40 to 70mm per second.

lightsaberprojectbits

Just started a new 3D Printing project and at the same time trying to speed up the printer.

In the picture you will see most of the parts needed for stage one of the lightsaber project. I am using adafruit neopixel V2 because I want an ability to change colour and will power it via a trinket. but this is only the first stage. Once I get this stage done I will be modeling more parts because I want my own version of Ezra’s Bridgers SaberXGun from the rebel series.

I’m using James Villanueva’s design for base idea’s but with a slightly different look to it. Stay tuned and

May the Force be with you!

Over on my other blog i mentioned my antique K3K died and had to get a new reader. I picked the PaperWhite over the Voyager due to the price but had an issue, my K3k case isn’t available for any other model.

In the spirit of “Make do and Mend” out came the measuring device and 3d printer and printed out an adapter (blue thing)

The digital side of my callipers is not accurate and resulted in the adapter being 20mm to small. with a bit of glue and patient it’s still usable and means I can recycle my old case!

The printer and the mini lathe.

SONY DSC

As an owner of a cheep unit multi tool clone (that worked quite well for what it was) I was down hearted when some of the coupler parts (the black bit above) broke and I was unable to keep parts together.

After the purchase of a 3d printer and having to work out cad software, I have finished designing the replacement part and it works a lot better.
One part finished, now on to the next replacement part.

Not sure if it’s the end stop dying again but no matter what Z offset I use, the hot end is crashing into the glass plate and ripping the tape. I will order a new end stop and see if that solves things but have a feeling that it’s not going to help.

Purse i3 = Paper weight.

Well everything was fine, then I sent a 1 1/2 hr long print through it and it printed it mirrored.
Went back through the Diagnosing and commissioning and realised I muddled up x and y axis (always getting left and right wrong. changed them over re-ran the test and it now works correctly, run the test extrude and fine.
send an object through to print and Noting, zero, zilch. will not extrude!
Run the test extrude via print run and works fine, re-run the print and failed to extrude
It printed this object fine before.
This is really getting on my nerves now!

Edit: This IS NOT a manufacture issue, going by a forum post on riprap forums, it’s an issue with the ABS filament!

ooznest work hard to provide good helpful support on their Facebook page!